- Assists residents with any special needs during transportation; such as carrying packages, opening doors, assisting residents onto and out of the vehicle and to the point of destination
- Provides miscellaneous pickup and delivery services as needed
- Coordinates the activities of other Sunrise Senior Living team members who are performing in a driver assistance role, spotter or resident care capacity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Class B License
- Must have appropriate federal and state license such as a CDL (commercial driver's license) and chauffeur license and/or applicable license per state regulation with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) and state regulations
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Ability to operate a chair lift and secure regular and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrate initiative.
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
At Sunrise, you will
Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.