Senior Research Associate, Upstream Process Development
We are hiring a motivated Senior Research Associate with hands-on experience with microbial protein
expression. This candidate will contribute to the development of protein expression processes using
Synthorx recombinant platform to support lead candidate selection, pre-clinical studies and technical
transfer to external CMOs.
• Experience with E.coli.
• Perform all steps of protein expression and scale-up under minimal supervision.
• Experience with fermentation equipment at bench scale required (1L to 10 L). Experience at pilot
and industrial scale desirable.
• Collaborate with platform and downstream process development teams to ensure efficient
integration of fermentation and upstream and downstream functions.
• Develop standard operating procedures, document protocols and technology transfer.
• Support internal lead discovery efforts and pre-clinical studies.
• Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
• Maintain a high standard for quality control including up-to-date data records for all fermentations
• Troubleshoot challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues.
• BS in biomedical sciences and 8 years of lab experience or related field; OR MS and 6 years in
biomedical sciences or related field.
• Experience with E. coli based recombinant expression including scale-up preparation employing
fermentation instrumentation and protocols. Familiarity with DASGIP instrumentation is highly
• Working knowledge of microbial physiology and its impact on process optimization.
• Experience with DOE methodology for process development and optimization is a plus.
• Knowledge of protocols involving extraction from inclusion bodies and refolding is a plus.
• Experience in protein characterization (SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, quantification).
• Experience with technical transfer to external CMOs.
• Effective communication and prioritization of activities to match dynamic timelines
• Manages own time effectively.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...