Scientist or Sr. Scientist, Pharmacology NBPI032
Compensation: $136,730.00 - $169,280.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position: Scientist/Sr. Scientist
Nitto BioPharma, Inc., a newly established Nitto company, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist/Sr. Scientist in pharmacology to join our drug discovery research team. The successful candidate will be a critical team member involved in executing i vivo renal/cardiorenal disease animal model studies to evaluate novel drug candidates and treatment modalities.
- Develop biological and drug-screen assays and animal models.
- Develop new methodologies/protocols, and test procedures that contribute to core group goals and reflect expert knowledge
- Design and perform scientific experiments with a predefined goal using minimum resources and deliver data with high scientific quality.
- Validate new drug targets using both in vitro and in vivo approaches.
- Analyze, summarize and interpret the data; prepares study reports, presentations and publications; present the data internally (and externally as needed).
Physical Job Requirements:
- For Sr. Scientist position, a PhD with 2-5 years of postdoc experience or a Master degree with over 10 years of working experience; for Scientist position, a Master degree with 2-3 years of industry experience/ in biology, cell and molecular biology or related drug discovery setting
- Good knowledge in metabolism and integrative physiology
- Good hands-on experience with experimental animals (mouse and rat). And a good skill set in dosing (IV via tail vein, IP, PO, Sub-Q) and blood- sampling (cheek bleed, retro-orbital bleed, cardiac puncture) is a plus
- Experience with nucleic acid-based drugs is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism)
- Ability to work well in collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrate problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with in vivo renal/cardiorenal disease model selection and evaluation is a plus
Office/Lab environment. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Nitto BioPharma, Inc., is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Clinical assets include anti-liver and lung fibrosis drug programs, which are now in clinical Phase 2 trials, and lung cancer program, which is in Phase 1 trial. Nitto BioPharma is also advancing several pre-clinical programs for intractable diseases including Oncology and metabolic/fibrotic diseases. Along with the establishment of the new company, in mid-2016 Nitto BioPharma moved into our new R&D facility on Science Center Drive in San Diego, California.
Associated topics: bacteria, drug, food scientist, histologist, immuno oncology, kinesiology, microbiological, nutritionist, therapeutic, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...