Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.Job Designation
The Senior Financial Analyst leads the business accounting activities providing expertise in performing a variety of complex accounting solutions generally pertaining to the operations and the financial planning & analysis for the site, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of reforecasts, budgets, 10-year plan, and monthly financial reporting. This position also applies analytical expertise in providing results and explanations to all FP&A/Financial Reporting-related questions and analysis to support FP&A for the product group.
Job Core Responsibilities
The position performs economic research on rates of return, depreciation and investments, and analysis of profit-and–loss income statements. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, ensuring the integrity of accounting records for compilation, completeness, accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Full ownership of reforecasts, annual budget, 10-year plan and monthly financial reporting.
• Provides monthly Product Group financial reporting package along with explanations on overall performance to reforecasts and budgets.
• Develops and maintains models for estimating product margins, variances, underlying profitability and free cash flow.
• Generates Internal Rate of Return models supporting the BAR process, pricing proposals and Business Case scenarios.
• Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial reports and statements.
• Develops financial models to evaluate return on investment for new business projects and prepares annual budget information and quarterly projections.
• Works with specified team(s) to collect information on existing and new products, while developing a forward pricing strategy primarily on BARs, Business Case, and SARs.
• Performs financial analysis on product costs, margins, cash flows and working capital on new proposals.
• Participates in the monthly close process by generating various journal entries, preparing required reconciliations, and analytically reviewing specific general ledger accounts for accuracy and proper valuation.
• Monitors project funding and collaborates with specified departments through project completion.
• Maintains facility fixed asset records including property tax supporting documentation.
• Assists the Controller in the direction of the accounting functions of the business unit.
• Contributes to the preparation and evaluation of budgets, forecasts, 10-year plan and other financial operating reports as required.
• Assists the business unit Controller in maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Prepares the various accounting reports to the top management of the business unit making suitable observations and recommendations.
• Responsible for the integrity and ownership of all aspects of the general ledger at the business unit level including cleanliness of the Balance Sheet and Reconciliations.
• Prevents inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting appropriate policies for financial reporting.
• Performs the preparation of Property, Plant and Equipment, Sales/Use Tax, and Real Estate Tax Filings.
• Prepares a complete and accurate Annual Audit binder/data package for internal and external audits.
• Assists in the preparation and completes the company’s monthly and yearly closing process.
• Prepares and reviews/approves journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Education: Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
Years' Experience : 7+ years of Finance experience in a manufacturing environment
• Thorough understanding and experience of standard accounting concepts, practices, procedures and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience
• Cost accounting experience
• Ability to analyze and translate complex data into easily understandable information and makes recommendations; uses expertise to solve complex problems
• BFC reporting experience and SAP knowledge
• Solid focus on data accuracy and process improvement
• Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex information effectively
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...