Sr Database Admin- Onboard Ship
Employment Type: Full-Time
Database Administrator for U.S. Navy F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) databases and applications onboard the amphibious assault ships and / or Aircraft Carriers. This is a shiprider position and as such the successful candidate will deploy with the ship routinely. The ships are homeported in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to see and experience the F-35 at sea in a civilian status.
An ALIS Database Administrator is responsible for providing on-site maintenance and support of the ALIS system to include various databases, software, and applications. They serve as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users and will work in conjunction with other ALIS administrators to support the USMC Short Take Off and Landing (STOVL) version of JSF while they are onboard the ship.
Administrative responsibilities include ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system. The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
Prospective candidates must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing USN medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week
Ship Rider premium applies while deployed at sea (not pierside).
C19 Basic Qualifications:
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance updated within the last 6 years to be considered.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems and software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
4) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
5) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
6) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
7) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification. Desired Skills:
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management
2) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
5) Good communication and Verbal skills
6) Self starter and be able to Multi-task
7) COTS/developed software skills
8) Software Engineering background and experience
9) Integration and Test experience
Loading some great jobs for you...