Materials Science / Chemistry Technician
Compensation: $97,025.00 - $159,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Kforce is immediately adding a full-time SDAL Chem Tech in support of our nationally recognized, Consumer and Commercial Electronic R&D client in San Diego, CA. Overview:
- Conduct materials analysis of specified samples using the appropriate analytical instruments in the areas of thermal analysis, rheology, mechanical properties, etc.
- Be hands on to calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot assigned analytical instruments
- Collect and analyze data using sound scientific principles, document the results in a written report, and communicate results to partners to help resolve technical challenges and issues
- Prioritizes experimental and testing tasks, be able to execute tasks independently and timely to meet partners' needs and program deliverables
- Contribute to analytical method and procedure development under the guidance of Analytical Chemists/Material Scientists to enable efficiency and productivity
- Ensure adherence to laboratory safety practices and requirements while maintaining a clean, organized workspace
- Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experience
- Strong technical knowledge in polymer, materials characterization and analytical techniques
- Ability to operate advanced analytical instruments in a routine fashion including set up, calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting (DSC, TGA, DMA, TMA, Rheometer, etc.)
- Highly initiative and self-motivated requiring minimal direction to meet business objectives
- Able to work independently or as a team to meet job objectives; Ability to take an objective from concept to completion
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers, partners or suppliers
- Ability to design basic experiments
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to get work done in a specified timeframe and to communicate delays in progress toward accomplishing assigned tasks
- Ability to perform non-routine work meeting evolving objectives
- Ability to perform data analysis, author technical reports, and present results
- Ability to discuss complex theoretical concepts
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, chemistry, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material science, polyurethane, rubber
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...